Sunday, October 24

Simple

I whish life could be simple. I'd like to think that I don't ask for too much to be happy, and i'm not saying that I'm not happy, but life would be so much easier if just a few things were simpler than they are. I guess it's kinda stupid to feel this way, cuz I'm sure I've made some people's lives extremely complicated but it's how I feel. I'm in a strange mood today. It makes me not want to do anything. I have a history paper that's due Tuesday, and I absolutely can not motivate myself to work on it. I think maybe I'm just homesick and lonely. I miss all of my girlies so much, I hope you're all doing well. I miss my family too. I get to see Megan in a few weeks though, that's happy. I don't think my little sister Ann reads this, but I miss her a lot. I iwish I could be there to watch her play volleyball for her middle school and to listen to her Orchestra concerts. I'm so proud of you Annie and I love you. Ugh... enough of this, here's some song lyrics, I don't remember who it's by, and I think the version I know is a cover anyway, but here it is.

Mama told me when I was young

Come sit beside me, my only son

And listen closely to what I say

And if you do this it will help you some sunny day


Oh, take your time, don't live too fast

Troubles will come and they will pass

Go find a woman and you'll find love

And don't forget, son, there is someone up above


And be a simple kind of man

Oh, be something you love and understand

Baby, be a simple kind of man

Oh, won't you do this for me, son, if you can


Forget your lust for the rich man's gold

All that you need is in your soul

And you can do this if you try

All that I want for you, my son, is to be satisfied


And be a simple kind of man

Oh, be something you love and understand

Baby, be a simple kind of man

Oh, won't you do this for me, son, if you can


Boy, don't you worry, you'll find yourself

Follow your heart and nothing else

And you can do this, oh baby, if you try

All that I want for you, my son, is to be satisfied


And be a simple kind of man

Oh, be something you love and understand

Baby, be a simple kind of man

Oh, won't you do this for me, son, if you can

~Lyrics to "Simple Man"

2 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Call me if you need to. I'm here for you! You aren't the only one deary. Seems like everyone has it rough, but that doesn't mean you can't wish for a simpler life. I heart you. Call me!

 
At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you and miss you too Lizzie. Have fun with Megan when she comes up and if you need anything just give me a jingle (can ya send your old cell up here so i can use it please :) ) Love you!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home