Monday, September 27

TWS weekend

Wow. I had a really tiring yet not that busy weekend. Friday night a friend of mine that had recently moved to Corpus Cristi came into town. It was really good to see him. He was a professor here at A&M but when the grant money for his research ran out, he lost his job and had to move back to Corpus Cristi. I got to hang out with him Friday night. Saturday morning, bright and early, I woke up to go be a corner worker at Texas World Speedway for a NASA event. It was a pretty awesome experience. Watching spec miatas fly through corner 4, the one I was working, at high speeds is really quite awesome. The cars are so close it's a little scarry. I totally passed out that night at like 9:30 and slept like a rock till I had to be up and at the track again on Sunday. Sunday I was stationed at corner 1 which was badass cuz you got to see everyone coming off the front straight at incredibly high speeds. We actually had a Audi flip over coming out of turn 8. It was a bit scary but still sort of cool to watch. I fell asleep last night at about 10:30 and didn't wake up this morning till my alarm had already been going off for 10 minutes. Oops. I hope you all had a good weekend too. :-D
I HEART YOU ALL!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home