Plans
didn't really work out this weekend. I didn get the chance to go to Louisiana this weekend because none of the people I work with could pick up one shift. It kinda makes me angry cuz they have all asked for a shift to be picked up at one time or another, but whatever.Today, or yesterday by now I guess, was a good day anyway. My friend Scott, who I was supposed to go to Louisiana with, has his boat out here, so he and I and Jimmy and Jimmy's little brother went out on the lake. Jimmy and his little brother both wake board and Scott knee boards, so they did that while I watched. Scott tried to convince me to kneeboard with him, but I passed this time cuz I'd never done it before and I really didn't feel like falling on my ass all day.
The coolest part, well maybe not coolest but a VERY cool part, was the rain storm that came through. We had just found a cove that 1) had smooth water and 2) wasn't taken and Jimmy had just dumped over for the first time when we realized that the dark clouds that had previously been pretty far away were heading at us faster than we thought. So Jimmy gets in the boat and we start driving over to the other side of the lake. Soon we notice that like all of the other five boats on the lake have the same idea we do, try to out run the rain, but we definatly have the lead. We noticed that the storm was coming at us faster than we were going away from it, and it was at once really cool and really not cool. We could see the line where the rains really started and where we knew we were just gonna have to ride it out if we got caught, but we managed to stay infront of that line, one time by only less than 20 feet! All of the boats behind us got "swallowed" by the storm, but we managed to only get rained on a little bit. It was so cool. You guys prolly don't think so from that account, but trust me it was. Ok, i'm dont talking now.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home