Sunday, November 30

I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving. I'm going to take a moment to post about the game on friday, and i would like to ask you to post nice things or not at all ok? The A&M t.u. game on friday made me really proud to be an Aggie. I know you're all thinking, "Isn't Liz a math major? Can't she see that 46 is bigger than 15?? Well she is an Aggie maybe that explains it." but I'm not talking about the score of the game. Texas beat us... they have a better team, if we had beat them it would have been a huge upset, that's ok with me... there is no point in denying the truth. What truly made me proud of my school was the way we conducted oursleves before, during, and after the game. I've been to every Aggie home football game, and I've never seen tailgates like those we had on friday. Every taligate party that I saw, and I saw a whole bunch of them walking over a mile from the car, had both Aggies and Longhorns eating, drinking, and just having a good time in general. It seems to me that we are better friends with our greatest rivals than we are with any other team we have played this year. This football game was our Maroon Out game, but I must say that there were so many Longhorn fans in the stands, that it prolly didn't look as totally maroon as some would have wanted. I stood near at least 7 t.u. fans and although we cheered for our respective teams, there was no anamosity between us as fans. I was also very proud of our band, as they calmy finished marching their show despite the Longhorn football players need to run through the edge of the formation. After the football game, I know all of the celebrating Longhorn fans could hear the Aggie twelfth man singing our War Hymn as we walked down the ramps out of the stadium. It makes me very excited to be an Aggie knowing that through the rivalry we have with Texas both sides can treat each other with such respect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home