Thursday, September 11

Days till I get to see Tim: 8
Days till I turn 19: 10
I don't really have much to post about. I've been really busy trying to keep up with all my class work and maybe get a little ahead so that I can afford and enjoy my weekend at home next weekend. I did something really awesome last night though. I went to Silver Taps. Silver Taps is a ceremony that A&M has on usually the first Tuesday of every month that honors any current student at the school who passed away in the last month. It's really awe inspiring because so many people turn out for the ceremony and they don't usually know the people being honored. Everyone in the corps stands at attention and there is a 21 gun salute, and then they play silver taps from the dome of the academic building once to the south, once to the north and once to the west, but never to the east because the sun rises in the east and the sun will never rise on these Aggies again. The three students that were honored at the ceremony last night were all in my class. They all passed away over the summer, and never actually set foot on the campus for school. It's just amazing to me to know that all of the people that attended Silver Taps were there to honor someone they didn't even know just because they were a fellow Aggie. Muster is an even more amazing ceremony in my opinion, but you guys don't want to here me ramble on about Aggie traditions forever and I'm sleepy so I'm going to go to bed. Love to all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home